YachtCloser Release 68
Date of Release: 10/15/2018
The following release notes outline the major changes that will impact users. The release may also contain general bug fixes and under-the-hood type of improvements that are not visible to users.
Co-Brokerage Deal Visibility for Listing Broker
The Listing Broker now has more visibility to their co-brokerage deals. When viewing the deal a message highlighted in red will be displayed at the top of the page if there are viewing or editing limitations. For example in the screenshot below, the Terms page is visible but cannot be edited so the message states Information editable for Selling Broker only. If the listing broker does not have access to any information on the page the fields will be blank and the message will read Information visible for Selling Broker only.
The Listing Broker has access to edit the Seller and Vessel pages prior to the deal being signed. Once the deal is in Deal status, the Selling Broker will be the only broker that can edit the Seller and Vessel pages.
Co-Broker Access to edit Seller Summary
We have added a new feature for co-brokerage deals that allows the Selling Broker to grant Co-Broker access to the Listing Broker to allow them to edit the Seller Summary page for the deal. The Listing Broker will see a Request Co-Broker Access button on the Seller Summary page (screenshot on the left) and the Selling Broker will see a Grant Co-Broker Access button on the seller summary page (screenshot on the right). The Selling Broker can grant co-broker access at anytime. When the Listing Broker selects the Request Co-Broker Access button, an email is sent to the selling broker requesting access and directions on how to grant access.
New Counter Offer Feature
We have added a very exciting new feature to allow both the Listing Broker and Selling Broker to send counter offers for e-signature.
1. Go to the Terms page and you will see a new Counter Offer button on the right navigation bar
2. Enter a Counter Acceptance Date
3. Enter Counter Offer Terms
4. Go to the Documents page and select the Add Documents button. All Listing Brokers will see the newly added YachtCloser version of the Counter Offer document named Counter Offer Addendum (YC Listing Broker). If your location is signed up for CYBA forms then you will also see the CYBA counter offer agreement document Counter Offer Agreement (CYBA Listing Broker) that has been updated to pull the counter offer dates and terms. The counter offer documents can be sent for e-signature.
5. If the buyer is counter offering, the Selling Broker would follow the same steps and they have access to the same documents for the Selling Broker, Counter Offer Addendum (YC Selling Broker) and Counter Offer Agreement (CYBA Selling Broker). The counter offer documents can be sent for e-signature.
6. If the deal is going back and forth with multiple counter offers you would simply Reset the Counter Offer document and update the Counter Acceptance Date and Terms on the Counter Offer page. Then resend the Counter Offer document with the new terms for e-signature. We will also retain a copy of any signed counter offers that are reset in our document archives.
Deal Document Archive page moved next to Uploads tab
As you can see in the screenshot above, we have moved the Archives page. It was previously found next to the Documents page on the top menu bar but can now be found next to the Uploads tab on the Documents page. This change has only been made for Deals at this time but the same changes will be made for Inventory in the very near future.
We have created a default disclaimer that will be added at the end of the Descriptions page for all new listings and will be published to BoatWizard. We have also provided the ability to have different disclaimers for Brokerage Inventory vs Dealer Inventory.
1. The default disclaimer verbiage is as described below. If you want to use this disclaimer then no changes are necessary.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
2. If you want to change the disclaimer an Admin can simply go to the Account tab and select Company Info. Then go to Brokerage Settings and update the Default Disclaimer text. If you would like to change the disclaimer for Dealer Inventory as well go to the Dealer Settings page and update the disclaimer for dealer inventory.